If you have some time today bake your mom these delicious Banana Walnut muffins!
dry: 1 cup plain unbleached flour * 1 cup self rising flour * 1 1/2 tsp baking powder * 1 cup of cane sugar * 1 cup of chopped walnuts * 1 tbsp flaxseeds.
wet: 1 cup of soy milk (or other vegan milk) * 1/3 cup of sunflower oil * 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar * 2 ripe mashed bananas.
Place about 12 muffin cups in a greaseproof muffin tin.
1. Preheat oven [@ 200 degrees celcius]
2. Mix all the dried ingredients
3. Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dried ones, and mix slowly at the same time – just enough so that the ingredients are blended (not too much)
5. Pour batter into your muffin cups, and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes, until they look nice ‘n golden. Check with a wooden skewer if they are ready – it should come out clean. Allow them to cool down before storing.
Have a great day!